Sunday, August 18, 2019

“The Angry Birds Movie 2” Movie Review


    When you think of classic animated films, I think it is safe to assume that “The Angry Birds Movie” probably doesn’t come to mind judging from the critical and general audience reactions to the film upon it’s release.  Full disclosure here, I have actually never seen the first film yet so I will not way in either way on that movie until I see it.  The sequel caught me attention due to it’s cute trailers so I decided to see this movie with my girlfriend and her brother (and my movie buddy).
    “The Angry Birds Movie 2” starts out after Red has successfully guarded Bird Island from Leonard and Piggy Island.  After several small conflicts, the islands set their differences aside with the discovery of another island which has started attacking both islands.  As it turns out, the other island is Eagle Island and the island’s leader, Zeta, wants nothing more than to wipe out both islands.
    The plot of the film is rather simple, and that isn’t necessarily a bad thing.  The film is easy to follow for children but it also takes time to let older audience members enjoy the humor the film offers.  The humor is definitely the strength of the film.  “The Angry Birds Movie 2” was far funnier than I expected it to be.  The bathroom scene teased in the trailer had me laughing out loud in the theater.
    While most movies based on video games don’t end up turning out real well, this was one of the exceptions to the rules.  Perhaps the curse of the video game movie is coming to end thanks to this film and Pokémon: Detective Pikachu.  Only time will tell on that front but this film is certainly a crowd pleaser.

Grade: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment